Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 1, running late (and good things to do with mozzarella)

I woke up this morning to find loads of already completed first-days, posted proudly onto blogs, and I realised: most of the 100 Days participants have a 10 hour head start on me...

Way to get me on my back foot. With that added pressure I headed off to coffee group, mind grasping at straws. Wit is so hard to come by. But, fortunately, wit was not part of my brief! I simply promised 'short scripts' or 'dialogues'. So here cometh day 1:


Confession: I had to check how to spell 'professor'. English teachers &/or writers with spelling issues - more common than you'd think.


And now for something completely different: have had a gorgeous hunk of mozzarella in the fridge and here are some of the scrummy creations that have resulted from its inspiring presence:


Pizza! Bellissimo!

Spinach Cannelloni!
(slightly over-dark on top but yummy, chewy, cheesy crust nonetheless)

We are off tomorrow on our bring-on-summer holiday, so have to eat the perishables between now and 8am tomorrow morning. I have a courgette - that could be nice with mozzarella grilled on top. Sounds good to me. Doesn't match the home-made fish and chips meal overly well, but it'll do the job.

Had another ultrasound scan this morning.

Bit blurry, but you would be too if someone took your picture through a placenta.

All is well, though the doctor had to give my stomach a right fierce prodding to get the baby to face the right way so that she could check the heart, brain, etc. Not going to be a tiny baby this time - already 2.3kgs, or so, and possibly 3.8 if she keeps growing the way she's going until full term. Fingers crossed she'll come a few days early. I'm thinking June 10 sounds good. Mum and Dad will be here, will have recovered from their jet-lag, and I'll certainly be ready to pop. Walking today was hard work. I'm very much looking forward to the freedom and comfort of not being with-child.

One last pic, for good measure...
Forehead, nose, mouth, chin... profile view.
She wasn't in the mood for a photo shoot, methinks.



No comments:

Post a Comment