Monday, December 5, 2011

Decemberitis

The month of silence has ended. The baby is trying to get the candy canes...

Yep. That sums it up.

Almost. I haven't posted for a month because I've been saving my words for nanowrimo. This is a month-long madness where a bunch of people around the world write a novel of 50 000 words, in 30 days. And I did it! This was my third successful attempt - and the easiest by far! Not working full time, on top of beginning with a plan, made squeezing in a few hours and/or a few thousand words every day much easier.

This year I did a romance novel, bit formulaic, but fun. And possibly publishable, cause there's definitely a market. My other novel, meanwhile, is out in the void somewhere, hopefully being read and enjoyed by an editor. Hopefully.

But no matter what happens, I am determined to keep writing. Spot the new mantra :) Spot the top new-years-resolution candidate. And maybe that would be a good time to pick up writing again, after december. The month scares me a little this year.

We're planning a quiet Christmas, and when I look at the calendar/diary it's not too scary, but in my head it's becoming this big scary black cloud of things I've forgotten, that are really important, and then I panic, and do nothing but watch movies and ice christmas biscuits for a whole week... Mmm, christmas biscuits.

There are a few things that are probably adding to the stress-load...
- I'm pregnant again = I'm tired all the time and easily overwhelmed
- I might be moving to Paris for 18 months... but don't know yet. Waiting on decisions and information out of our hands.
- If we don't go, I'll be disappointed.
- If we do go, the to-do list is going to be HUGE! Sorting, lending, selling and storing all our stuff, learning French (which we've started already), getting everything organised... holy cow.
- I've overspent my budget for the year... and it's impossible not to spend money on the occasional end-of-year-do-lunch, among other things, this time of year. So I'm trying to be frugal, without being a sad-sack, to be reasonable and yet disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment